Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Going Solo!

My name is Lee Keller King and this is my Blawg (law blog).

A few weeks ago, I decided to take a leap of faith and go solo. That's right, after nearly 18 years of working for law firms owned by other lawyers, I am now my own boss at The King Law Firm, Sugar Land, Texas.  A sobering thought!

Working for yourself as a solo attorney has many good points:

1. You set your own hours;
2. You decide which cases to take;
3. You decide which legal areas in which to practice; and
4. You answer only to your clients and the judge.

Of course, it's not all beer and skittles and as a solo attorney you are directly faced with one overriding imperative -- get clients or starve!

But, so far so good!

We aren't starving and I have a few paying clients. I can always use more, but I can see that this can work, if I work hard and smart.

So here I am:

The King Law Firm
Sugar Land, Texas
kinglawfirm@outlook.com

Civil litigation (including commercial and family litigation) and civil appeals.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck Lee. I will keep you in mind when I have any litigation. I do only transactional...business and real estate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Joycelyn. And I will certainly keep you in mind for transactional. That stuff puts me to sleep. :)


    (Hopefully, no transactional attorneys were offended by this post)

    ReplyDelete